Required for: 15 hours per week – Monday to Friday 4.00pm – 7.00pm.
Term time plus 3 weeks in the summer holidays
Salary: Grade 1, £23,457 full time pro rata (approximately £768.55 pcm or £9,222.64 per annum)
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic, hard-working and flexible cleaner to join the team at Purley Oaks Primary School.
The role will involve cleaning of designated areas within school premises to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. You will be assigned a cleaning rota with daily, weekly and termly tasks.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and adaptable individual with attention to detail and a professional attitude to their work.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post, including lifting, carrying and pushing waste bins, cleaning trolleys and vacuum cleaners
- Ability to move chairs, desks and other school furniture in order to undertake cleaning duties
- Ability to fulfil their cleaning rota within the required time to the expected standard
- Ability to carry out the work under minimal supervision
- Ability to operate as part of a team or individually
- Experience of cleaning work or working in a school environment is desirable but not essential
We are committed to safeguarding and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need an enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and two references. We will take up references prior to your interview, unless there is a valid reason for them not to be requested at this stage. Please note that photographic ID and certificates of relevant qualifications should be brought to the interview.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) the school is responsible for holding and protecting personal data. The school is required to share some data with the Local Authority, Croydon Council and the Department for Education. For further information on who we share data with please see our website for our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notices: www.purleyoaks.croydon.sch.uk/.
Privacy notice for job applicants is available on our website.
To apply please complete the Application form, Equal Opportunities form and provide a Supporting Statement which shows how you meet the criteria outlined in the Person Specification. Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 12:00 midday on Wednesday 7th December 2022
Interviews: Monday 12th December 2022
Tenable: immediate start