Updated Covid-19 Risk Assessment November 2021
Dear parents and carers,
I hope you and your families are well.
I am writing to inform you of changes to our Covid-19 risk assessment. We were all hoping that we would get to Christmas without having to reintroduce restrictions but due to rising cases, the new variant and announcements from the government, I think it is necessary to do so.
I have updated our risk assessment, which will be posted on our website and will include the following:
- Masks will be worn by staff in communal areas
- Only essential visitors will be allowed inside the school buildings
- Parents and carers will be required to contact the main office via email or telephone
- Parents and carers will be unable to attend Christmas performances in person – we will record them and make them available on Weduc
- Assemblies will be conducted in classrooms and via MS Teams
- Meetings between staff will be conducted via MS Teams
- Year group ‘bubbles’ will be in operation as much as possible
- No after school activities from Monday 6th December until further notice
Governors, senior leaders and I will review these measures before the Spring Term starts in January.
I have not taken this decision lightly. I know it will be of huge disappointment to many but keeping our community safe is my first priority. I hope by reintroducing these measures we will minimise the risk and be safe and healthy so we can enjoy the Christmas holidays.
Please note these changes directly affect the following performances which have now been cancelled. Refunds will be automatically issued via Weduc:
Reception Christmas performances to parents – 13th, 14th and 15th December
Year 2 Christmas performances to parents – 6th, 7th and 8th December
4D Whitgift Christmas Concert at Fairfield Halls – 2nd December
Choir and drama club Christmas carol concert – 9th December
Subject to parental consent we are hoping to record the performances for parents and carers to view via Weduc. More details to follow.
I appreciate your understanding and support in this matter and by continuing to work closely together I know our children will be healthy, happy and thrive.
Mr R J Griffin
Our updated risk assessment can be found here: POPS_Covid_plan_November2021_v14