Dear Parents and Carers,
Election of Parent Governor
The role of school governor is an important one, but is also very rewarding. School governors work together with the school leadership team to continually improve the education for every child at our school. Our school governors have 3 core functions. They:
- Ensure the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of our school;
- Hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of our school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Oversee the financial performance of our school and make sure its money is well spent.
All eligible parents, regardless of skills or experience, can stand for election. The Governors would particularly welcome applications from parents with skills in finance management/accountancy, HR management and building services/surveying.
I have received nominations from three parents who are willing to become school governors. I hope you will vote in the election to select a new parent governor. The new governor will serve for 4 years.
I enclose personal statements from the candidates, a ballot paper and an envelope for you to return your ballot paper. Please read the personal statements carefully and, bearing in mind the role of the school governor and the needs of the Governing Board, please vote for ONE governor by writing an ‘X’ next to their name. You have one vote in total even if you have more than one child at the school.
Please return your ballot form to the school by 10.00am on Thursday 3rd May 2018. You can either:
- Bring it to the school and post it in the ballot box in the reception area of the school office;
- Post it to the school in the envelope provided; or
- Arrange for your child to bring it to school and post it in the ballot box.
Votes will be counted on Thursday 3rd May 2018 and the result will be announced as soon as possible.
I hope you will decide to vote, as the governing board is very important in the decision making of the school.
Mr R J Griffin
The statements of the nominees can be found below: